Sunday, January 1, 2012

My New Year's Resolution

For the first time in over nine years... There are two 2's in the number of years since Jesus' mom couldn't get a room at an inn in Bethlehem. It's customary, I believe, to commit to doing something better or more often or perhaps not doings something anymore at the start of a new year. So, without further ado, here are a few things I've resolved to do (or not do) in TwentyDozen:

1) Try To Be More Awesome - This one is pretty much destined to fail. I'm almost certain that I'm already as awesome as a person can possibly be.

2) Travel Back In Time - This one I know I'll do. I ran into future me a few months ago and guess what? I'm sexy in the future too.

3) Become A Millionaire - To accomplish this, I just have to make good on a resolution I made a few years ago: to win the lottery.

4) Have A Statue Of Me Built In My Honor - I don't mean I want to commission a statue. I want a city or state or possibly a tribe from some third world country to erect a statue because of some heroic deed I've done like.... Diverting an asteroid with a stern look maybe. (Haha! I said 'erect'!)

5) Blow Something Up - I mean... Who doesn't want to make things explode? Plus, by this time I'll already have saved the world by diverting asteroids and stuff right? So, it evens out.

Well, that's about it. Pretty modest I think. Maybe I'll do more in 2013......

No comments:

Post a Comment