Friday, September 9, 2011

And it begins

So, this is my first blog post. I mean after the initial post that was basically just me saying "Hey, I'm here." This is the first "for real" post.

Today has been a strange day. I woke up at 4AM and played with my iPhone, watched the current DVD I had in from Netflix (Season 1 of Cougar Town.... If anyone was wondering), and promptly fell back asleep at about 10AM. Woke up to a text from my boss saying "You know you work today right?" at 3:05PM. I was supposed to be at work at 3. Shit. So, I spent the first half of my shift in a half-asleep, zombie-esque state. I don't remember most of it. This isn't relevant.

Anyway, my boss's sister just recently showed up to check into a room that she (my boss) forgot to reserve for her (boss's sister). Apparently I knew her from a long ass time ago when I worked at the catalog desk in JCPenney. She brought this up to me by saying, "Didn't you used to be skinny?" Lovely. If there is a better way to greet someone you haven't seen in a very long time then I haven't heard it. Seriously, who says that? If I was a woman I'd be severely offended. Being a sensible man with a rather twisted sense of humor I just laughed it off. I gave her shit about it of course. It really didn't bother me much but I thought people only said stuff like that in sitcoms.

Well, that's all I have for now. I'm off to purge the meal I just ate so random women from my past won't call me fat anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment